- A paper is defined as an essay or dissertation read at a seminar or published in a journal.
- It represents a viewpoint and research work about a topic, which is supported by the work of others on the same or relevant topics.
- Research paper- It includes all the steps of research such as literature survey, data collection, and so on.
- A paper can be based on theory and material available or can be based on an experiment.
- Term paper- it is to be submitted at the end of the term by students and is based on the term. It provides the experience of research to students and students learn about how to write a term paper.
- It is written by scholars and scientists in magazines and newspapers.
- This is also related to research and presents the view of a writer on a topic.
- It is informative and typically addresses the topic in general.
- A research article is written by the researcher regarding the new findings.
- A research article explains the outcome of scientific research with the support of clinical data.
- The research paper is then published in a peer-reviewed journal. Peer review means a review by two or more experts from the same field of research.
- Review Article is based on a secondary source.
- Secondary sources are those articles or papers presented by the researcher on which research has already been conducted based on the Primary source.
- A review article has nothing new about the topic on which it is written.
- It just provides a critical review or summarizes the available literature to explain the understanding of the topic.
- The reader can access the knowledge by just reading one article rather than going through all the secondary sources.
- In this, people come together to discuss the paper.
- It can be called Symposium, conference, workshop, etc.
- It is like a small-scale conference in which specialists deliver short addresses on a topic.
- After the address is completed, the question answers follow.
- In this form of seminar gathering of experts and specialists take place.
- Only experts and specialists in the related field deliver the lecture on a particular topic.
- Thereafter, questions and answers follow.
- It is a formal meeting usually held once a year.
- Example- Indian Historical Congress, Indian Science Congress. These are held once a year at a specific place.
- In this, all experts converged at a place and presents papers on their respective subjects.
- It is a formal meeting of people with a shared interest.
- It is bigger than the seminar and lasts for more days than seminars.
- It involves a complete analysis of a topic with a discussion between the participants for concluding results.
- The conference includes keynotes and presentations delivered to all attendees, as well as multiple break-out sessions.
- The conference could be of multiple types- business conference, parent-teacher conference, academic conference, business conference, etc.
- It is even smaller than the seminar and here the discussion is more intense.
- It is more practical.
- This participant not only listens but participates practically.
- It is organized to provide and improve skills.
- This is a form of the seminar which takes place over the internet.
- This presentation is done in audio and video components.
- Participants sitting at one end of the world can attend the seminar.
- It is very economical and very less arrangements need to be done.
- A good internet connection is the only requirement in this form of seminar.
- We are seeing a lot of seminars taking place on the web due to the coronavirus pandemic.
Join the conversation