- It is a list of all the sources researchers have used in the research work.
- The bibliography includes the following :
- Name of the Author:
- Title of Work
- Publishing house name and location
- Date of publishing
- The page number of the source
Difference between Bibliography, Annotated bibliography, and Works cited page
- Works cited page is a list of every work cited in the text of a paper.
- A bibliography is a list of every work researchers used while writing a paper, whether or not it was specifically cited.
- An annotated bibliography is a bibliography with a short note by the author explaining the significance of the source.
1. American Psychological Association
- Author’s last name, first name. (year of publication).Book Title.Publication Place: Publisher
- Stokes, E. 1959. The English Utilitarians and India. Oxford: Clarendon Press.
- Sinha, N.K. 1962. Economic History of Bengal. Vol. 2. Calcutta: Firma K.L. Mukhopadhyay.
- Author’s last name, first initial. (Date). Title of Article. Title of Encyclopedia(Volume Pages). City of Publication: Publishing company
- McGhee, K., & McKay, G. (2007). Insects. In Encyclopedia of animals (p.175). Washington, D.c.: National Geographic Society.
Newspaper and Magazine
- Authors last name, first name. (Publication date). Article title. Periodical title, volume number (issue number if available), inclusive pages.
- Bagchi, Alaknanda (1996): “Conflicting Nationalisms: The Voice of the Subaltern in Mahasweta Devi’s Bashar Tudu,” Tulsa Studies in Women’s Literature, Vol 15, No 1, pp 41–50.
- Author’s name. (Date of publication). Title of the article. Title of Periodical, volume numbers, Retrieved month day, year, from full URL.
- Uri, J. (2019, June 14). Fifty years ago: Nearly one month to boots in the lunar dust. Retrieved from https://roundupreads.jsc.nasa.gov/pages.ashx/1184/Fifty%%20Month%20to%20Boots%20in%20Lunar%20Dust.
2. Chicago Manual Style
- Citation in Chicago Manual Style is cited in footnotes and not in Bibliography
- Author’s last name, first name. Title of Work. Publication Place: Publisher, Publication Year.
- Kerouac, Jack. The Dharma Bums. New York: Viking Press, 1958
- Last Name, First Name. Encyclopedia/Dictionary name, Edition ed., s.v. “Article Title.” Publication City: Publisher Name, Year Published.
- Smith, John. Encyclopedia Britannica, 8th ed., s.v. “Internet.” 20 vols. Chicago: Encyclopaedia Britannica, 2009
Newspaper and magazine
- Last name, First name. “Article Title.” Magazine Title, Month Date, Year of publication.
- Bowman, Lee. “Bills Target Lake Erie Mussels.” The Pittsburgh Press, March 7, 1990.
- Last Name, First Name. “Page Title.” Website Title. Web Address (retrieved Date Accessed).
- Smith, John. “Obama inaugurated as President.” CNN.com. http://www.cnn.com/POLITICS/01/21/obama_inaugurated/index.html (accessed February 1, 2009).
3. Modern Language Association (MLA)
- Last Name, First Name. Title of Book. City of Publication, Publisher, Publication Date.
- Henley, Patricia. The Hummingbird House. MacMurray, 1999.
- Last Name, First Name. “Article title.” Encyclopedia/Dictionary name. Year Published. Medium.
- Smith, John. “Internet.” Encyclopedia Britannica. 2009. Print.
- Author’s Last name, First name. “Title of the Article or Individual Page.” Title of the Website, Name of the Publisher, Date of Publication in Day Month Year format, URL.
- Haider, Suhasini “Indian Army denies Chinese accusations, says PLA fired warning shots in the air” The Hindi, 08 September 2020, https://www.thehindu.com/news/national/indian-army-denies-chinese-accusations-says-pla-fired-warning-shots-in-the-air/article32549563.ece?homepage=true.